The Eco-tourism project is managed by the local indigenous tribal community of Valamuru, Somireddypalem and Valmeekipeta Vana Samrkshana Samithi people with the active support of Andhra Pradesh Forest Department. The project was successfully completed in a short span of time due to the commitment of the highly motivated community participation coupled with the timely financial assistance from the World Bank aided Andhra Pradesh Community Forest Management Project. This also provided unique opportunity to the native ethnic community to spread the message of conservation to the masses.
The jungle star campsite is located adjoining the Valamuru river with the stream flowing on 3 sides overlooking the Vali-Sugriva Konda which is believed to be the battle ground of the Vali-Sugriva during the Ramayana period. The remarkable variation of the battleground with the presence of grass land, encircled by forests on the other hillocks makes the visitor to pay attention on the legendary story.
As a part of Tourism Development Maredumilli Forest Rest House was constructed in the year 1914, the Forest Rest House is in Maredumilli Village with all facilities. The name of the rest house is Abhayaranya Forest Rest House. Suits are available here for stay of Tourists.
|Suit Type||No of|
|For Reservation Contact|
|VIP Suits||2||Rs.500||District Forest Officer, Kakinada|
Phone : 0884 - 2379381
Fax : 0884 - 2364534
1. Valamuru to Amrutha Dhara 8 Km – 2 Km trek deep into waterfall
2. Cross Country Trek – From Tiger camp to Vijjuluru 8 Km
3. Adventure Trek – From Valamuru to Nelluru 10Km
Travle Plans :
1. Rajahmundry – Gokavaram – Rampachodavaram – Maredumilli - 81 Kms.
2. Kakinada – Jaggampeta – Gokavaram-Rampachodavaram-Maredumilli – 120 Kms
Tour Packages :
Entry Tickets & Other Services :
Do's & Don'ts
* Take entry tickets at appropriate places.
* Keep the eco-tourism area surroundings clean.
* Use Dust Bins
* Smoking & Drinking strictly prohibited.
* Don’t use Poly materials.
* Don’t carry flammable things
* Co-operate with us for best services
For any other Information Contact :
* Forest Range Officer, Rampachodavaram. Phone:08864-243838
* Sub-Divisional Forest Officer, Rampachodavaram. Phone: 08864-243838
* District Forest Officer, Kakinada. Phone: 0884-2379381, Mobile:09440810042