Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism
With the presence of many beaches, museums, water sports facilities, picnic spots, monuments, and festivals, Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism makes for an unforgettable experience for tourists from India and across the world.
Known for its rejuvenating air, greenery, clean roads, and various tourist attractions, Andaman and Nicobar Islands are among the most attractive tourist destinations in the world. Andaman and Nicobar Islands boast of a resplendent blend of flora, fauna, heritage, and fun.
The Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is located in the south-eastern part of the Bay of Bengal. It can be accessed by air and sea. Flights from Chennai and Kolkata are available to Port Blair. Tourists can also avail themselves of ships from Visakhapatnam, Kolkata, and Chennai.
This place is known as a tourist delight because it has numerous tourist spots ranging from islands to museums. Some of them are as under:
* Red Skin Island - situated in Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, it offers a huge variety of marine life.
* Havelock Island - has beautiful resorts in the beach circuit.
* Jolly Buoy Island - another island in Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, it offers an underwater view of exotic marine life.
* Cinque Island - known for fishing, swimming, camping, and scuba diving.
* Chantam Island - boasts of having the largest and the oldest sawmill in Asia and the Haddo Harbor.
* Viper Island - has a lot of historical significance as the British constructed their first jail here.
* Ross Island - once the capital of all the islands, this has a small museum – Smritika – which has several interesting artifacts from the British Empire.
* Barren Island - 135 km away from Port Blair, this island has India's only active volcano.
Beaches here are famous for their beauty, clean environment, and turtle nesting. Various species of turtles like the Green Sea Turtle and Leather Back Turtle can be found here. The famous beaches under Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism are as follows:
* Radhanagar Beach
* Harminder Bay Beach
* Ramnagar Beach
* Karmatang Beach
* Corbyn's Cove and Chirya Tapu
The monuments here have a great historical significance, especially related to the British. The monuments which speak of the historical significance can be found in Ross Island, Viper Island, and Cellular Jail.
There are about 6 museums that make Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism a good option for heritage tourism enthusiasts. The most famous is the Naval Marine Museum.
The major tourist spots of Andaman Islands are as follows:
* Long Island
* Neil Island
* Little Andaman Island
The major tourist spots of the Nicobar Islands are as follows:
* Great Nicobar
* Car Nicobar
The interesting places of Port Blair are as follows:
* Mini Zoo
* Mount Harriet
* Shippighat Farm
* Chidiya Tapu
* Gandhi Park
* Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park
Accommodation under Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism can be found ranging from premium hotels, various range star hotels, budget hotels, lodges, and resorts. Government circuit houses and Municipal Council accommodation are also available at modest rates. The tariffs of rooms in hotels and resorts cater to a broad spectrum of budgets.
Although sea food is a specialty here, one can find numerous restaurants that serve various cuisines ranging from south-Indian to Chinese.
The Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism Board has also introduced the provision of online hotel booking facility for the tourists worldwide. Thus, Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism is well supported by convenient facilities, hospitality, and tourism activities.
Andaman and Nicobar Island Tourism | Andaman, Barren Island | Little Andaman islands | Islands of the Cauvery River | Shivanasamudram Islands | Islands of the Srirangapatna Tourism | Islands of the Chorao | Diu Island Tourism