Darshan at Sri Venkateswara Temple Tirumala Tirupati
As more than fifty thousand pilgrims visit the Sri Venkateswara Temple every day, TTD has organised efficient systems to ensure the smooth movement of pilgrims.
Vaikuntam Queue Complex
The entrance for darshan is through the Vaikuntam Queue Complex. The complex is a series of inter-connected halls that leads to the main temple. An efficient queue system ensures that pilgrims move in an orderly fashion through the Queue Complex, towards the main temple.
The halls in the Queue Complex are clean, spacious and airy.TTD provides a wide range of facilities in the Queue Complex:
* Canteens selling food packets at subsidised rates.
* The Andhra Pradesh Dairy Development Corporation selling fresh milk
* Medical aid
* Sale of photographs, calendars and other TTD publications
* Closed Circuit Television, through which devotional programmes and music are relayed
* Cloak rooms near the Vaikuntam Queue Complex entrance
* Places where footwear can be deposited, free of cost (at the entrance)
There are officers to look after the facilities in the Vaikuntam Queue Complex, regulate the queues and attend to complaints.
Sarvadarsanam means 'darshan for all'. The timings for Sarvadarsanam are different on different days of the week. Please refer the weekly temple programme for the timings.
On normal days, about 18 hours are allotted for Sarvadarsanam and on peak days, it is open for 20 hours.
Around 50,000 pilgrims visit the main temple every day.
The entrance for Special Darshan is through the PPC (Queue Complex). The queue merges with the Sarvadarsanam queue at Bangaruvakili. Pilgrims who use this queue will have a shorter waiting time.
There are two categories of special darshan, with tickets costing Rs. 40.00 and Rs. 50.00 per head.
The darshan timings are the same as that for Sarvadarsanam.
Sudarsanam Token System
The Sudarsanam token system was introduced to minimise the waiting time for Sarvadarsanam, Special Darshan and other paid darshan/sevas. Some of its features:
* The tokens are available free of cost at the First Choultry (opposite the TiruRailway Station), Second Choultry (behind the Railway Station), Alipiri Bus Stand, Tirupati, Vaikuntam Queue Complex, Pilgrim Amenities Centre (Near CRO) and near the Rambagicha Guest House in Tirumala.
* The time of darshan is indicated on the tokens.
* Pilgrims can enter the Vaikuntam Queue Complex at Tirumala at the time indicated on the tokens
* They can have darshan within two hours of entering the Queue Complex.
* As this system saves on waiting time, it provides pilgrims with enough time to visit temples in the vicinity like Sri Govindarajaswami Temple and Kapila Teertham at Tirupati, Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple at Tiruchanur and Sri Kalyana Venkateswara Swami Temple at Srinivasa Mangapuram.
* To help TTD keep a track of the number of pilgrims and ensure their smooth flow, one token is issued per head. Collective tokens for groups are not issued.
Some precautions for you to take:
* Collect your Sudarsanam token only from TTD-run counters. Tokens issued by others are not valid.
* Keep the token tied to your wrist till you finish darshan.
* Do not exchange tokens.
* Do not trust touts.
Special Darshan for the Physically Disabled and the Aged
This special darshan is arranged for the physically disabled and the aged through a separate gate at the Maha Dwaram,the main temple entrance. If necessary, such pilgrims can be accompanied by an attendant.
Darshan procedure at Tirumala-Tirupati |
Tirumala Venkateswara Temple |
Daily Sevas in tirumala |
information about tirumala tirupathi|
Tirumala - Tirupati |
TIRUMALA TIRUPATHI DEVASTHANAMS-SEVA INFORMATION |
Tirumala |Tirupati Darshan Timing |
Darshan-Seva In T.T.D |
TTD Phone Numbers |
ACCOMMODATION AT TIRUMALA |
TTD DONTATION SCHEMES VIMSATIVARSHA DARSHINI |
ARJITHA SEVAS IN SRIVARI TEMPLE, Tirumala |
ADVANCE RESERVATION AT TIRUMALA |
Tour Operators in Tirumala |
T.T.D. Sri Vaari Seva Programme Schedule |
Free Facilities in Tirumala Tirupti Devasthanams |
Tirupati Tirumala Online Service E-Darshan in India |
Weekly Sevas performed at the Sri Venkateswara temple Tirumala