Sri Govindarajaswami Temple is one of the most important temples in Tirupati. It has an imposing gopuram which can be seen from a distance.
Saint Ramanujacharya consecrated the temple in 1130 AD.
The festivals and functions are similar to those conducted in the Sri Venkateswara temple. The annual Brahmotsavam at this temple is celebrated in the month of Vaisakha every year. The annual float festival is also celebrated every year.
The sub-temples in its premises are:
* Sri Parthasarathiswami Temple
* Sri Kalyana Venkateswaraswami Temple
* Sri Andal Temple
* Sri Salai Nachiyar Ammavari Temple
* Sri Ramanuja Temple
* Sri Vyasaraya Anjaneyaswami Temple (Near Dwajasthambham)
* Sri Tirumangai Alwar Temple.
* Sri Kurath Alwar Temple
* Sri Madhurakavi Alwar Temple
* Sri Chakrathalwar Temple.
* Sri Mudal Alwar Temple.
* Sri Manavala Mahamuni Temple.
* Sri Vedantha Desikar Temple.
* Sri Woolu Alwar Temple.
* Sri Anjaneyaswami Temple(Near outer Bugga).
* Sri Nammalwar Temple.
* Sri Sanjeevarayaswami Temple (opposite the Hathiramjee Mutt)
* Sri Eduru Anjaneyaswamy Temple.
The important festivals conducted in Sri Govindarajaswami Temple are:
* Vaisakha Festival (Brahmotsavam)
* Float Festival
* Bugga and Ponnakalva Utsavam
* Sri Andal Margalineerattam Festival
* Sri Salai Nachiyar Panguni Uttara Festival
* Sri Bhashyakarla Utsavam
* Sri Nammalwar Utsavam
* Thiruvadipuram Festival
* Thirumala Nambi Festival
* Thiru Nakshatram of alwar
* Manavalamahamuni Asthanam
* Vedantha Desikar Utsavam