Kerala Hillstations Tours present yet another facet of God's Own Country. The high and rugged Western Ghats endow the state with a number of Hillstations, which unlike the rest of the state have a high rate of tourist influx during the summer months.
If you seek to beat the heat or enjoy the cozy comfort of Nature or wish to trek on the woody mountain trails or I you are simply answering the "call of the mountains", get away to one of these beautiful chilly places in Kerala. The undulating paths, the rich variety of flora and fauna available, the beautiful gorges and valleys and the sparkling silver streams that skip and dance through the rocks, the settling clouds that one can walk through and the fresh plucked green tea, brewed hot- this is the irresistible lure of the land. Maps Of India is your guide in planning your unforgettable holiday in the mountainous retreats of Kerala.
* Devikulam Tours: Located at a distance of about 13 kms from Munnar, this hilly destination is an arcade of natural beauty with its lush foliage, exotic plant and animal life and rustic mountain life. The lakes and their mineral springs and quaint charms make Devikulam an ideal weekend getaway.
* Idukki Tours: Spectacularly rich in natural beauty, Idukki is a veritable paradise of flora and fauna. Known for its spice and tea plantations, the raging rivers and the beautiful wildlife sanctuaries, Idukki is a pristine haunt for the city weary traveler.
* Munnar Tours: Munnar is as lovely and as beloved as the indigo "Neela Kurinji" blossoms that bloom in this region, once every 12 years. Most tourists favor Munnar and that is understandable given the panoramic views, the clean surroundings and the refreshing mountain pastures.
* Ponmudi Tours: About an hour's drive from the state capital, Ponmudi is a quaint hill station at an altitude of 915 m from sea level. The gurgling mountain streams, the bloom of orchids and other mountain efflorescence and the rich spice plantations make a tour to Ponmudi therapeutic to both the body and soul.
* Vagamon Tours: Vagamon, reveals itself at firs glimpse as a trekker's paradise. The various pilgrimage spots, the woody landscape and the mountain paths are all testimony that Vagamon is best viewed on foot. An increasingly popular tourist destination, Vagamon is a cultural hub in Kerala.
* Vythiri Tours: Vythiri in Wayanad is known for its forested green landscape and is a treasure trove of tropical flora and fauna. The plantations, the breathtaking natural loveliness of the region and the charming mountain air give us the impression that no other place on earth can exude the essence of nature better than this rustic locale.