Three Hills In Visakhapatnam
Sri Venkateswara Swamy Konda
Sri Venkateswara Konda has a temple dedicated to Lord Venkateswara, this hill on the south of the line of three hills, is believed to have been built by an European Captain Blackmoor in 1866, according to the Telugu inscriptions. Pyramidal entrance gopura, which is small steeply present in this temple. From here one can view the port channel, which was the entrance of the inner harbour for ships and liners.
Mother Mary's Church ( Rose Hill)
Named after Monsieur Ross, the highest mount Ross Hill is among the line of three hills, the central one.
Roman Catholic Chapel 'Mother Mary's Church' present over the hilltop was house built a on it by Monsieur Ross in 1864 which was later converted.
Shrines of the stages of the cross are lined through the pathway to the church. Even from this ross hill excellent views of the ship building yard can be seen.
The north hillock of the line of three hills has a mosque and the mausoleum of the Muslim saint, Baba Ishaq Madina Darga Konda, who was revered for his prophecies, is known as Darga konda. It has been visited and venerated by Hindu and Muslim devotees alike.
Labels: Three Hills In Visakhapatnam