Srimukhalingam Temple Srikakulam - Visakhapatnam
Srimukhalingam lies on the banks of Vamsadhara River in Srikakulam District and is 48 km north of Srikakulam town. It was the erstwhile capital of Ganga Kings.
Major point of attraction here is the Sri Mukhalingeswara Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Aniyanka Bhimeswara and Someswara temples built in the Orissa style of architecture.
Visakhapatnam is about 106 km from Srimukhalingam. Srikakulam Road Railway Station is the nearest railhead.
The famous Srimukhalingeswara Temple is believed to have been built in the 9th Century. The temple has some remarkably beautiful sculptures in the Indo - Aryan style. This temple is also regarded as Dakshina Kasi.
Legend has it that a dip in the river and a visit to the shrine relieves one from the cycle of rebirth.
Following are Famous Shiva temples in Srikakulam District:
1. Srikakulam district has Srimukhalingam in Julumuru mandal
2. Yendala Mallikharjunaswami devasthanam at Ravivalasa village in Tekkali mandal
3. Sri Umarudrakoteswara Swami in Temple street of Srikakulam
4. Sri Sangameswara-swami devasthanam in Sangam village of Vangara mandal.
5. Ravi Valasa It is about 5kms from Tekkali. Sri Endala Mallikarjuna Swamy is the deity. On Maha Sivaratri and Kartika Mondays large gathering devotees worship this deity.
Sri Kurmam | Srimukhalingam | Arasavalli | Salihundam | Kalingapatnam